House Painting Costs: Could Paying Less Cost You More?
When we talk about painting in San Francisco, eventually someone will always ask the question: "How much does it cost to paint a house?" This is for good reason; no-one wants to waste their money (we wouldn't either!). The standard wisdom that many homeowners go by is to ask for three house painting quotes, and then go with the middle price. Why?
Discerning homeowners know that they will probably be unhappy with the cheapest contractor. But could there be a good reason to go with the more expensive of the three? Of course, just because a paint contractor charges more, it doesn't mean they will do a better job... but it might!
Why low-cost house painting could cost you more
For a budget house painter to make any profit on his low bid, he will have to cut corners. There is just no way around it. It might be short preparation time, low-quality products, short-cuts during application or other sacrifices in quality.
Sacrificing quality in the house painting process can lead to numerous negative results, all of which would end up costing you more in the end.
- Inadequate preparation leads to a flawed finish and often to premature paint failure. This can be very costly to remedy at the time of the next paint job.
- Poor quality primers and paints will not provide the same vibrant finish, and they will not hold up to wear or weather. A cheaper paint job means you will be repeating the process again sooner than necessary.
- A rushed application process will often cause errors, such as uneven lines, non-uniform finishes and "you-missed-a" spots.
- In the worst cases, an unscrupulous house painter will even leave essential items out of a bid, stranding you in a position where you have to pay extra costs part-way through the project to actually get the job done.
Why premium house painting is worth the cost
A quality San-Francisco house painting contractor does not charge more simply to earn more profit. The truth is that providing an excellent house painting experience for customers requires more expense.
A high-end painting company...
- provides ongoing education for employees, ensuring that they have the best skills and knowledge to do every job with safety and excellence.
- takes the time to properly prepare painted surfaces and to fully protect non-painted surfaces.
- uses proven, quality materials. The quality ingredients make the materials more expensive, but they provide longer-lasting, better-looking results.
- stands behind their work. If you aren't delighted with the results, a reputable house painting contractor will do what it takes to make it right.
MB JESSEE: A San Fransicso Residential Painting Company
Our customers will tell you that, though we are not the cheapest Bay Area painting contractor, our services are worth every penny! MB JESSEE is thrilled to serve the greater San Francisco area, including Oakland Hills, Berkeley, Danville, Marin, Contra Costa, Hillsborough and more.Visit MB Jessee's profile on Pinterest.