6 Tips for Meeting Your Pre-Holiday Painting Goals !
We all want our homes to look their best year round, but there is a special emphasis during the holidays on comfort and style. Maybe because the new year is coming, bringing with it a sense of newness, change, and optimism.
Or maybe it’s because friends and family arrive, and we want to put our best, most stylish, foot forward.
Whatever your reasons might be, this is a perfect season for making a few changes. If you’re like most of us, however, time can be a little short! Because of that, we’ve put together a six tips for making the very most of your interior painting improvements.
Planning Your Interior Painting Strategy - Where Should You Start?
- What are your goals? Take a few minutes to jot down what you’d really like to accomplish, in broad terms. Update? Repair? Refinish? Listing your “needs” and “wants” in two distinct columns can also help you work in priority.
- Focus on high-impact projects! If there isn’t a must-complete project, like painting over a repaired section of sheetrock, you can instead shift gears to “wants.” In the interest of time, we suggest focusing on those areas that will encounter the most traffic: living room, kitchen, dining room, guest space, etc... You know your home and guests best!
- Short on time? How about an accent wall? This is an extremely economical update that can make a big difference in a room.
- Consider multiple spaces. Here are a few helpful tips for developing a palette that flows naturally from room to room while also connecting the spaces. A master plan will help you to work more efficiently and cohesively overall.
- Do you need cabinet painting or refinishing services? This is often a more cost-effective, less time-consuming alternative to tearing out and replacing cabinetry in your bathroom or kitchen. The results, however, are no less transformative! Take a look here to find out why this practice is so popular.
Our Last Tip? Talk to a Local, Professional Painting Company
This is definitely the right time to contact your local painter. Harness their expertise and experience to not only streamline your color selection process, but also to wrap up your project right when you need it. There is just no substitute for working with an experienced team that really catches your vision!