Surprising Benefits of Exterior Painting in the Bay Area
Painting your home is an investment; there’s no doubt about it.
But, like any good investment, you can expect it to pay off, delivering a return that you’ll definitely find valuable.
As a side note, you may be asking yourself how long you can expect your exterior paint to last. There are a number of important contributing factors to consider, and for more on that be sure to check out these keys to beautiful, lasting exterior paint. Entering the painting process knowledgeably can be the difference between a frustrating 3-4 year paint job that quits early and an enduring 7-10 year finish.
What Are the Tangible Benefits of Professional Exterior Painting?
We can start with the obvious: a beautiful paint job looks fantastic, instantly boosting curb appeal and pride of ownership. This is also a practical way to showcase your own preferences, taste, and personality.
Beyond just looking fantastic, however, high-quality paint also works hard for you and your home.
How exactly? Here are just a few of the ways that your paint is working over-time.
Did You Know That Your Paint...
- Protects against termites and other pests that are looking for a new place to live?
- Protects against the elements, including UV damage, moisture, salt, and more? It’s the first line of defense!
- Can increase the lifespan of your home’s siding?
- Protects against the destructive power of mold and mildew?
- Offers one of the highest levels of return on investment of any home improvement project?
Let’s dig into that last point a little more. It’s worth it, don’t you think?
Return On Investment for Exterior Painting
As a homeowner, you likely look at most home improvement projects (the larger ones anyway) through the lens of long term investment and what return you can expect. It just makes cents (and dollars).
Painting, interior and exterior, offers a lot of value, often allowing you to recoup a large portion of what you paid. It also can help your property attract interest and move on the market faster.
Here are just a few articles you can reference::
- 6 Home Projects with a Big Return on Investment
- 10 Ways to Boost House Value
- 10 Great Value-Add Exterior Home Paint Color Tips
One Final Word of Advice...
We suggest carefully researching your painting company. Find someone who doesn’t simply offer bargain pricing, but is licensed, insured, stands by their work, and has a track record of doing things the right way. You’ll never regret it!